School Sports Premium Budget Reports
Click below to view in full the Sports Premium Funding Programme so far, for Trefonen School 2019/2020.
School Sport Premium Funding
The Government has committed to providing funding of £160 million per annum until 2020 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. In 2019/ 2020 we are due to receive approximately £17,000. This will be paid in two installments at the end of October and April. This is the third year that we will receive double the funding that we have received previously. It is not known what will happen following this year.
The premium should be spent on ‘making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport’ for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
Purpose of the funding
Schools should spend the sport funding on:
· improving provision of PE and sport, hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers
· new or additional Change4Life sport clubs and after school clubs.
· paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
· providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
· running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
· buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
Our initial plans for this year’s funding are:
£500 Level 1 Inter School Competition Manager
£500 Supplementing after school clubs and running Change4life Club.
£3,000 Providing further staff training through sports coaching and CPD
£1,000 Release time for co-ordinator and staff to plan, monitor and attend PE update meetings.
£1,600 Increasing participation in inter-school sports competitions
£500 develop outdoor and adventurous activity
£1,000 Sports and playtime equipment
£300 Purchasing and delivering Play Makers leadership training for pupils
£1,500 Delivering Cool Kids Occupational therapy and employing Sports TA to support PE sessions
£2,000 Inspirational sporting events for children – dance workshops/ sports visitors/ trip to stadium
£400 balance bike training for all Reception and Year One pupils.
£600 CPD in further developing outdoor and adventurous activity- orienteering.
£4,000 Second phase of developing our playground- Reception /Year One areas.