How can I help?
Parents/carers and other interested members of the local community help out in school in a variety of ways. We very much value the help of parents in school.
Here are some of the ways in which parents can help:
- Working with small groups of children doing practical tasks: cooking, gardening, needlework, craftwork, or reading with them.
- Preparing materials for children’s use, making books for children’s work etc.
- Helping with or running an after-school club, e.g. a sport, musical instrument tuition, or a hobby you could share.
- Providing transport or helping to supervise children on educational visits. or to sporting fixtures.
- Supporting the teaching of swimming (during one week in the summer term).
- Helping with athletics in the summer term.
- Providing materials or equipment which we would otherwise have to buy, and sending in useful materials, pieces of fabric, balls of wool etc.
- Help with fundraising and ideas with the FOTS team.
If you would like to help in any of these ways, please speak to your child’s teacher.
All adults who are helping with children in any way are checked with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If helping to transport children we will need to see a copy of your driving licence, insurance details and MOT certificate.