In Nightingales Class children are taught to:
- use a range of materials creatively
- design and make products
- use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop their ideas, experiences and imagination
- develop a wide range of art and design techniques using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape form and space.
- appreciate the works of a range of artists, craft makers and designers
- describe differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines
- make links between different practices and disciplines and their work.
Children will explore the techniques of line, shape, tone, colour and texture.
Children will be taught to improve their knowledge and practise their skills in:
- Drawing using mixed media
- Painting – using colours and colour mixing
- Drawing – Expressive mark making using dots and lines
- Painting like Georgia O’keefe
- Sculpture – working with nature
To support their development children will study the works of the following artists:
- Rita Greer – ‘The great fire of London’
- Henri Matisse – ‘The Desert’ and ‘Harmony in Red’
- Paul Klee – ‘Castle and Sun’
- Van Gogh – ‘Fishing Boats’ and ‘ Self portrait’
- Pablo Picasso – ‘Le Hihibou’, ‘Le Chameau’ and ‘Le Chien’
- Georgia O’Keefe – ‘Oriental Poppies’
- Andy Goldsworthy – ‘Nettle Stalks’ and ‘Thorns of Hawthorn Trees’